Lance Hevizy practices in the areas of business litigation, real estate, corporate law, and dispute prevention and resolution.
Mr. Hevizy litigates cases involving contract disputes, business fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, mergers and acquisitions, corporate liability, intellectual property, conversion of property, non-compete agreements and shareholder derivative lawsuits.
Real Estate area of practice includes drafting and reviewing real estate contracts, residential and commercial leases, transfer of title, lease with option to purchase, foreclosures and landlord/tenant relations.
“Our overall success includes adaptive, innovative strategies built to win as well as the effective utilization of cutting-edge technology,” says Mr. Hevizy. “As a boutique litigation firm, RWR Legal offers the resources and experience clients often seek from larger litigation firms while adding personalized attention to our clients’ needs that is often missing from the big firm models.”
“From the very start of litigation, RWR Legal makes a point of setting the pace to ensure that our side has absolute command of the facts and issues at play,” says Hevizy. “Preparation for trial is key for success. Many trials are won or lost before the lawyers even enter the courtroom.” RWR Legal understands this and provides formidable resources and cutting-edge trial techniques to help clients succeed in court.
Prior to joining RWR Legal in spring 2014, Lance Hevizy practiced with Hevizy-Mallios Hawaii Law in Maui, Hawaii. Hevizy-Mallios provided a full range of high quality legal services to individual and business clients in a timely and cost-efficient manner across a broad range of legal practice areas. The Hawaiian legal practice included a variety of complex civil litigation matters in the areas of business law, real estate law, personal injury and wrongful death. Mr. Hevizy practiced as part of an experienced trial team on a full spectrum of cases throughout the Hawaiian Islands and the mainland United States.
- Jesuit College Preparatory School
- Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts in the fields of Economics, Public Policy and Political Science
- University College Oxford, International Law Studies Certificate
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Agreements
- Commercial Disputes
- Contract Enforcement
- Collections and Accounts Receivable
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- District of Columbia
- Maui County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Excellence in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards, 2011 – 2013