Stephen Aguilar is Partner + Director in San Antonio at RWR Legal. Stephen’s diverse practice areas include Immigration, Corporate, Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law. Prior to joining RWR Legal, Stephen was a Partner at RAM Law Firm PLLC. His unique background, knowledge, and experiences have enabled him to successfully represent his clients in the courtroom, on appeal, and in a variety of transactional law related matters.
Born and raised in San Antonio, Texas, Stephen graduated with a Psychology degree from the University of Texas at Austin before going on to develop and implement numerous company initiatives as a Business Process Analyst with Austin Energy. In his spare time, Stephen wrote songs and played guitar with local bands, providing him with valuable insight into music artists’ rights, opening the door to his entertainment law practice.
While at St. Mary’s School of Law, Stephen served as Staff Writer and then Comment Editor of the St. Mary’s Law Journal, one of the most cited law reviews in state and federal court decisions. He continues to exercise and hone his writing and editorial skills as the assistant editor of the State Bar of Texas Entertainment and Sports Law Journal, while also serving as a member of the section’s Leadership Council.
Stephen remains active in the legal community through his involvement with the Mexican-American Bar Association and the Community Justice Program, which provides free legal services to those who may not otherwise have access to the legal system. Now, with RWR Legal, Stephen continues to utilize his background and experiences to advise and assist his diverse clientele on a myriad of topics, developing innovative solutions to meet their unique legal needs.
- RWR Blog 2015: Visa Options for Entrepreneurs and Startup Companies
- RWR Blog 2015: H-1B Visa Filing Season Is Upon Us!
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Startup Law
- Entity Selection and Formation
- Securities and Venture Financing
- Employment-based Immigration
- Family-based Immigration
- Executive Orders (DACA/DAPA)
- Removal Defense
- Artist Representation
- Entertainment Agreements
- Trademark and Brand Protection
- Business Litigation
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Entertainment and Sports Law Section
- Immigration and Nationality Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Mexican-American Bar Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyers Association